Monday, October 28, 2013

Exact Obedience

Everything is going great! We are working hard. Striving to be more exactly obedient because:  

“When obedience ceases to be an irritant and becomes our quest, in that moment God will endow us with power” -President Benson. 

We have been teaching Michael this week we are still working with him. He has some struggles but we love him. It will just take some time. Elena came to church again yesterday. She is doing amazing! Her baptism is scheduled on the 9th of November so if everything goes according to plan we will have a baptismal interview this coming Sunday:) 
This week we also had a special mission conference. Elder Zwick and Elder Pino of the 70 came and spoke to us this week. They both did an amazing job. Elder Zwick talked about sanctifying ourselves. I loved the talk he gave and the scriptures he used in Doctrine and Covenants 88: 67-68:

"67 And if your eye be asingle to my bglory, your whole bodies shall be filled with light, and there shall be no darkness in you; and that body which is filled with light ccomprehendeth all things.  
68Therefore, asanctify yourselves that your bminds becomecsingle to God, and the days will come that you shall dsee him; for he will unveil his face unto you, and it shall be in his own time, and in his own way, and according to his own will."
I just loved those verses and he also used verse 73 to tell us that if we sanctify ourselves that the work will hasten itself in our areas. "Behold I will hasten my work in its time". I just thought that, that was amazing!  I am doing fantastic. Loving what I do and I love serving The Lord and being an instrument in his hands. Love you!

Love, Elder. Michael Johnson


No comments:

Post a Comment