Dear family,
Things are getting better and looking up! I am just happy to be here. Love working and growing closer to my Savior new favorite scripture this last month is Doctrine and Covenants 78:17-18.
17 Verily, verily, I say unto you, ye are a little children, and ye have not as yet understood how great blessings the Father hath in his own hands and prepared for you;
18 And ye cannot bear all things now; nevertheless, BE OF GOOD CHEER, for I will lead you along. The kingdom is yours and the blessings thereof are yours, and the riches of eternity are yours.
This scripture has given me much comfort! As well as, going to the temple! I love the temple!! All is well in Zion – I am happy and am willing to submit to his will. Love y'all,
Elder M. Johnson
P.S. Mom and dad look up a talk called "Seek learning by Faith" by Elder David A. Bednar
Dear Justin,
How does it feel to be the oldest in the house? Thank you so much for the letter! Always good to hear from you!
My companion and I get along great. We are working hard in the area! We are continually finding people to teach. We are just enjoying each day as it comes.
I feel impressed to talk to you about something. A while back you asked me what you should be studying in preach my gospel. Well, I want to invite you to study Chapter 6: "Christlike attributes ". Pick one a week and do the Scriptures and answer the questions. Also, seek to apply what you are studying in your life! Also pray for help to understand and apply them each week as well. I promise you if you do that, God will bless you tremendously!! He will make you happy and will bless you with an increase of his spirit, to lead and guide you. I promise you these things, as I am a representative of Jesus Christ.
By the way I am so proud of you little brother! Keep it up and always keep growing in the Gospel. Be the example in the home. I sent you my missionary tag and I want you to put it where you and Tanner will see it every day. Like the bathroom or the hallway or right before you leave for school. Remember who you are! I love you always!
Love,
Elder Michael Johnson
Dear Tanner,
Thank you so much for the letter! Sounds like you're having fun! Thanks for the stories made me laugh and I loved that scripture it is amazing. How have you been doing with your scripture study and your prayers?
I've been feeling impressed for a while to talk to you about something, as well. I invite you to read Enos in the book of Mormon. Look at the relationship Enos develops with God and how he did that. I invite you to do the same as Justin, seek for a personal relationship with God. I promise you as a representative of Jesus Christ that if you do this, you will build your life on a firm foundation. [Helaman 5:12]
12 And now, my sons, remember, remember that it is upon the rock of our Redeemer, who is Christ, the Son of God, that ye must build your foundation; that when the devil shall send forth his mighty winds, yea, his shafts in the whirlwind, yea, when all his hail and his mighty storm shall beat upon you, it shall have no power over you to drag you down to the gulf of misery and endless wo, because of the rock upon which ye are built, which is a sure foundation, a foundation whereon if men build they cannot fall.
And you Tanner will not fall! God loves you and knows of your amazing heart. Choose the right always! God is forgiving and merciful. Like I told Justin, put this missionary tag where you both can see it, every day! Always remember your potential!
Love,
Elder M. Johnson
No comments:
Post a Comment