ROLE OF
PARENTS AND YOUTH IN THE DUTY TO GOD PROGRAM
The duty to
god program is designed to help youth strengthen their relationship with God as
they strive to fulfill priesthood duties and serve others. The Duty to God
program helps young men transform into faithful Melchizedek priesthood holders
and are more prepared to enter into the temple and serve an honorable full time
mission. The program allows young men, to prayerfully, outline his own
personal, lifelong goals. These Goals should help him grow closer to our savior
and learn what our god would have him become and do. He wants us to develop
self-reliance and the ability to be responsible for our own spiritual growth.
He wants us to have the desire to read our scriptures every day, to have a
prayer in our hearts at all times, and to have the desire to do what is right
at all times no matter the circumstances are. Our Savior wants us to gain these
desires and so he has given the young men a boost and proper steps to help them
gain these desires through the Duty to God program. The learn, act, share
patter outlined in the duty to god program will help a young man better prepare
for future opportunities such as a full time mission, receiving the Melchizedek
priesthood and a lifelong duty to share the gospel with others. The Duty to God
program will challenge young men to tap deep spiritual resources as they seek
to fortify their relationship with god and learn their duties. “This program is
about a young man seeking inspiration and strength from his Heavenly Father.”
Brother Beck said. “It’s about understanding what God would have him do.”
The Duty to
God Program has helped me, be better prepared to receive the Melchizedek
priesthood, go through the temple and serve a full time mission. Through the
learn, act, share template in the duty to god book, I have been able to be
taught by the spirit. I have gained spiritual strengths by prayer, study of the
scriptures, living worthily and understanding doctrines I will teach on my
mission. I have also done my priesthood duties by administering priesthood
ordinances, serving others, and inviting all to come unto Christ. I have been a
missionary to my uncle Craig who I never got to meet because he died at the age
of 19. In the duty to god program I set the goal of doing his work and so I did
I was baptized for him last year and now this last week I was able to go
through the temple for him………… The duty to god program will not give you a
testimony but it sure will give you the steps to achieve a testimony of your
own. In The section, preparing to receive the Melchizedek priesthood I
prayerfully set the goal of reading the book of Mormon and gain a testimony of
that work. Because of this goal, I was taught by the Holy Ghost and was able
from then on to recognize the Holy Ghost in my life. It will be a tool I can
utilize everyday on my mission and in my life.
No comments:
Post a Comment