Monday, September 16, 2013

Member Missionary Work

We had an amazing week!! AMAZING! We found four new investigators this week. These two are extremely prepared and we had one come to church ..the other one accepted a baptismal date! The one that came to church was amazing. Her member friend decided one day to share a pass along card with her, which lead her to asking questions ... which lead to her inviting her to church. When she came to church one of the speakers talked about missionary work.  He made the comment that we need to look at people as how they can become. We shouldn't look and think they are smoking a cigarette or drinking tea and just when he said that, this lady said out loud, "whats wrong with tea"!! It was GREAT! The next speaker spoke on the apostacy and restoration of the gospel, she was filled with questions!!  After the meeting the member came up to us and said, "Come meet my friend and answer her questions!" So we did, she had questions about temples, word of wisdom, apostacy, and the restoration. After she comitted to come to stake conference next week, which is an hour away!! Then after we are having a picnic and teaching her the plan of salvation! It was amazing the difference between her, who was found by members, and the investigators we find by tracking door to door! The other young man we found was at a less-actives house. He was visiting with him and we began teaching a shortened version of the restoration.   In about fifteen minutes we finished and then invited him to be baptized ... he said, YES! 
We also got to attend the temple this week on Friday! I love going to the temple! While I was in the temple I was pondering and reflecting on the past month or so.  I was a little frustrated about all the times prayers have gone unanswered.  How lately I have changed my attitude to always trying to be cheerful, no matter what is going on ... so I was just reflecting on that. I then picked up the Book of Mormon and I thought to myself I know this book! I was flipping through it and each chapter I would stop on... and I would describe it and say, "I know it"!!  Finally I closed it ...but I was immediately prompted to open it back up to where the book mark was.  Before I could even think I was reading two verses in Mosiah 9, that said:  

"In the strength of The Lord did we go forth to battle against the lamanites; for i and my people did cry mightily to the Lord that he would deliver us out of the hands of our enemies, for we were awakened to a remembrance of the deliverance of our fathers. and God did hear our cries and did answer our prayers!" (17-18) 

That amazed me!! If only I could just stay Humble all the time and consistently remember how merciful he has been to me, my life would be so much better! I have relized that even though I think I am Converted, he is preparing me for his purposes, not mine! Conversion is not an event but is a proccess, it is an everyday, uphill, in the snow! And even though sometimes I think I don't need to be taught, he always teaches me a more! Before anything else we do we have to realize that we are GOD's investigators...FIRST!  When we feel we don't need to keep investigating, learning and asking for his help... we need to humble ourselves real quickly or God will knock us right off our "I know it all" pedestal! 
I love serving a mission! I am can feel myself growing in ways I would never have imagined! It's amazing!   Not to mention how much my understanding of the atonement has grown and how much it means to me now! I would not trade my experiences for anything in the world!  

P.s. Your talk was amazing ...thanks for sending it to me!
 
Love MUCH,
Elder M. Johnson

No comments:

Post a Comment