Thursday, August 29, 2013

Continuing to Change and be Humbled

Dear Mother,
  Im sorry I am terrible at writing! I have been trying to stay extremely positive in my letters and emails and just tell you about all the good stuff but you want everything! My mission has been extremely difficult! Extremely! I get at least three or four door slams a day. Both of my areas have been small country towns with more churches than people. Everyone we talk to has a church that they are a member of. Some times we have five lessons planned that day and everyone of them fall through! My mission has not been easy but that is why God sent me here, he knows I can handle it. It hasn't all been tough though of course don't get me wrong, just these last couple of weeks have been very hard. Our Teaching pool is very small and we are struggling to find people to teach.  It isn't like we can just walk down a street and talk to 15 people we never met before. We sometimes drive 10-15 minutes to get to appointments.  They monitor our miles on the car and we are only allowed a 1175 miles a month but they cut us down this month to 1000 miles. People are going un-taught and un-visited because we have to stay with-in our mile limit! We have 40 miles left this month and district meeting is 42.5 miles away! It is super FRUSTRATING! I just want to get out their and work my tail off but we cant drive any where to do that! 
But I can not even begin to describe the change that has been going on in me! I KNOW the scriptures:  The Bible, Book of Mormon, Doctrine and Covenants, the whole deal! I can now give a 25 minute talk and not even worry or use notes:  I'm humble and teachable and continually seek to do God's will! I'm more determined to serve him for the rest of my life and plan to form my life around what my savior would do! 
I love to teach! It my favorite thing to do I LOVE IT! It drives me to find and I work just so I can teach. I LOVE seeing people make changes in there life, as they strive to come closer to the Savior! I can answer ANY question, only because I have the Spirit with me ... ALWAYS. The missionary and atonement talk has carried me! I have read it and read it ...and read it! When I am rejected and insulted and go through a rough week I know who I am standing with, and that is my SAVIOR! I am his representative and I know why I am out here. That is to bring people to my savior and to HIS church! 
I have found much comfort in a scripture I read this morning in Doctrine and Covenants 58: 4 "For after much tribulation come the blessings"! God is aware of me and he is watching after me I just need to do my part and continue to be EXACTLY Obesient, Humble, Patient, Faithfull, Diligent, and continual seek to do HIS will! My MISSION IS HARD ...BUT IT IS FOR ME! I am here for a reason and I realize that everyday. 
A young man I met and re-activated going to be ordained to a Teacher next week! He has been coming to church the last four Sundays He is doing amazing!! I am just glad that I was able to be the one that God could work through, to touch his heart ...to help him realize his potential. "I am trying to be like Jesus" and be a servent of his to the end! 
My companion is getting transferred. I am going to be senior companion to a missionary who just finished being trained. 

Love, Elder Johnson









No comments:

Post a Comment