Monday, May 6, 2013

Michael Learns of Cody's Mission Call

Mom:  Hey Elder Johnson!! How's the week been?  How's the family that you helped plant the shrubs doing?  Were you ever able to get an appointment with them?  How's Sister Pate? Has she set a baptism date? I hope you go back and read the questions that I asked... because I really want to know!! How's the branch... getting larger than when you first arrived?

Well, Cody got his mission call... it took 12 days to get here!! I don't know if you can handle it!! It's foreign... it's an island... its a completely different language!! He going to the PHILIPPINES!! The Philippines Bacolod Mission ... speaking in the Hiligaynon Language (yes the same exact mission as Brayden Evans).  Isn't that crazy? He reports to the MTC, July 31, 2013.  YES THAT IS THREE MONTHS!!  We are thrilled, excited, and nervous... just like we were for yours!! All the emotions came flooding back and such a sweet spirit when the mission call is being opened! The gospel is true... and if I never spoke or heard another word... I would still know by the things that I've felt in my soul!  You can't deny the Spirit... it is every so beautiful!!

This last week-end was Prom and the went hiking the Hot Springs by Boulder City... we will have to go when you  and Cody get back... I hear it is awesome! 

Did you set up an appointment with your Mission President for an Ecclesiastical Endorsement Interview for BYU-I.  Then put down my e-mail or I can just call, too.  I will do some checking on the website too. 

Hope to chat... LOVE you!! We will drop you a line tonight, too for FHE!! HUGS ...xoxoxoxoxoxo

Love,
Mom

Michael:  Week has been going great!! The PHILIPPINES WOOOOOOO!!!!!  That is amazing! How does he feel?

Mom:  He is emailing you...right now... too!! He is excited got choked up and announced it yesterday at church.  He bore a simple, yet beautiful, testimony about serving a mission.

Michael:  I'M SO EXCITED FOR HIM!! That is amazing!! He wanted to stay state side, too!!

Mom:  We all had a feeling it was foreign but nervous where!!  He is getting his passport today... and a missionary haircut... we have less than three months!!

Michael:  Hahaha that is amazing!!  And I have GREAT NEWS for you!! The mission President said, we can now Skype home!!

Mom:  Oh my that is AmaZinG!!  I'm so happy!!

Michael:  What is your Skype account?

Mom:  Oh I have no idea... let me look?

Michael:  Ok, it will be at 7:30 PM that night my time!

Mom:  Ok that is perfect!! That is 4:30 PM our time!! We will be waiting!! SO EXCITED!!

Michael:  Awesome!!

Mom:  How did your week go with the people you planted plants with?   And are you going to be at Brother's West House for Skyping?

Michael:  Yes I am... and I don't have any new news with any of them.  Its coming along slowly.  We have not taught the Draughon Family, yet.  Some are just feeling the need a stronger testimony.

Mom:  Good... it all takes time!  How's the new companion?

Michael:  Good!! Companion is great.  We get along amazing and he just got called to district leader this week, too.  They started a new district!  What is your Skype name... I have three minutes.

Mom:  My Skpe name is my4evrfamily and I sent Brother West an invitation!! Talk to you in six days!!

Michael:  Ok LOVE YOU!!


No comments:

Post a Comment