Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Missionary Work

Dear Mom and Dad,

I'm doing great!! No complaints at ALL.. Love serving the Lord!
Some personal revelation I receive the other day... "Challenge people specifically to share the gospel with others."  So, I wanted to challenge you ... pray to your father in heaven and ask, "who is ready or elect to hear your message".  When you think of a name or receive an answer ... write it down.  Then pray again and ask what you could do to help them receive The Gospel.  Maybe invite them over to our house for dinner and tell them the missionaries will be there.  Maybe share with them the Proclamation To the Family.  Maybe talk with them about How the Gospel has blessed your life.
But with what ever name and idea you come up with talk to the missionaries first and role play with them.  It helps get all the mess ups out of the way and makes it feel more comfortable.
So, I want you to do this.  Here is my challenge to you.  Find a name, and share the gospel with them this month!! I promise you there is no better feeling than sharing the Gospel!

Love,
Elder Johnson

Dear Justin,

I loved your letter bud!!  Thank you!!  I am glad you like seminary!!  I'm reading in Acts, as well!!  It's amazing what the early Church was like and how similar it is to our  church today.  Oh... WAIT... its the same ... because this is Christ's church!!
My favorite Book to study is the Book of Mormon.  The Area here is great and we have almost doubled the members.  Just getting those less-actives to come back is the key!
And with your studies... find out what works best for you!!  If I were you ... I would keep a study journal.  Write in it spiritual promptings and do what I told Cody to do with studying.
I'm glad you job is going good.  Keep it up!!
Oh no you can't be driving soon!! My jeep better be in perfect condition when I get back!! I hope your doing good!!  And love the letters from you!!  Stay and amazing example and be nice to Tanner!! Love you!!

Cuidese, (Take Care)
Elder Johnson

Dear Tanner,

I hope you are doing well sounds like you are!!  Since you made fun of my capitalizing all my letters... I corrected your grammar... and know you know who is failing English!! Love you!!That's good you don't play X-Box as much anymore... it is a waste of time!!  What did you see in my Dad's closet?  What teacher did you throw a pie at? How are you  a doing reading the Book of Mormon?  I loved your letter... thanks for writing me... did you get your Birthday card from me?  Be nice to Matthew... and CTR!!

Love,
Elder Johnson

No comments:

Post a Comment