Dear Family,
How are you all doing. I'm doing GREAT!! Pero Yo Estoy Muy Bein. The Spanish is coming along great. I found Dylan on Wednesday, he was stoked to see me. Everything is going good up here-No Complaints. Just excited to get into the field and have some stories to share.
Dad, I love you but mom takes all my e-mail time and in the field I will have more time to e-mail, I hope!!
I have just been reading and studying ALOT!! My Book of Mormon looks used and abused. Everyone calls me the "Book of Mormon Dictionary" because I know where every scripture is. I have been studying a ton of things lately, especially from the Doctrine and Covenants. I read two Book of Mormons at once. In a video talk from Elder David Bednar, he challenged missionaries to get a new $5 Book of Mormon; Write a question int he front cover and then read it and look for the answer. So, I read two or three chapters from that, a day. And the question that I put in my Book of Mormon was: "What are the Mysteries of God"? So, I read from that Book of Mormon and then my mission Book of Mormon, too. Then I expand and go to D&C, to read a few sections each day. I study Spanish, Preach my Gospel, and other Gospel material for hours a day.
Elder Holland's talk was amazing and one day I will remember to photo copy my notes for you! I just keep forgetting them up in the classroom and don't feel like putting on a suit to go get them. But there there were a couple of things he said that were AMAZING!!
1. If you come back home and you go inactive, don't let me catch you in a dark alley! :)
2. It's "Preach my Gospel" not Preach your Gospel. So, if you do Preach your Gospel ... it will get
you a plane ticket home.
3. Go out and astonish someone!! Cause the ground beneath them to shake. So that when we leave they will say, "Who were those two"!!
4. Get so caught up in the work and don't stop till some tells you it's time to go home!
5. This is the REAL LIFE!! No other life matters!
His talk was so amazing!! I would recommend trying to look it up on the computer. I'm doing good and LOVE the letters!!
Love,
Elder Michael Johnson
No comments:
Post a Comment