Hey Mom,
I am doing great! Thanks so much for the letters and the tie! It is absolutely beautiful! All is well I was just getting a little bit stressed over it ... but all is well.
We had a fantastic week! We helped 20 people to attend church! There were four less-actives, seven investigators with nine of their children! The ward was like WOW. The most amazing thing about it was that Lidia and Yazmin and thier families came to church for the first time! There were ten all together. They came a little bit late into fast and testimony meeting and since I opened the area we have not had any Hispanics come to church so they were the first. I was super excited. They came late into the meeting and we were sitting up in the third row, the meeting was packed and there was no room to sit any where. A member came and grab us and told us that Lidia and Yazmin were here with their children. We went out to go see them and we had to open the overflow and set up chairs. When they came and sat down the whole ward ... was like holy cow. It was super neat! The bishop then got up and bore his testimony in Spanish. And another member offered the closing prayer in Spanish. The rest of the meetings was translated. They absolutely loved it! We go back to see them on Tuesday but they will all be baptized on March 22nd.
We have been doing a lot of teaching and we are working hard. Brother Edge is doing great! He came to church this Sunday and we go and see him tonight. I am doing well and am continuing to work hard!
I have been studying a lot in Doctrine and covenants and in section 35 I found these verses and I love them:
13 Wherefore, I call upon the weak things of the world, those who are unlearned and despised, to THRESH the nations by the power of my Spirit; 14 And their arm shall be my arm, and I will be their shield and their buckler; and I will gird up their loins, and they shall fight MANFULLY for me; and their enemies shall be under their feet; and I will let fall the sword in their behalf, and by the fire of mine indignation will I preserve them.
I love the descriptive words manfully and thresh. It just goes to show with God on our side we are MANLY!!
LOVE Y'ALL
Love, Elder Michael Johnson
No comments:
Post a Comment