Dear Mother,
I am doing fantastic! I am just always happy no matter what goes on. We had a good week though in some aspects ... and bad in others. I am learning a lot! One thing that really stood out to me was this week I have been a little frustrated with thinking that the reason trials/hardships come is because God is trying to test us ... to see if He can trust us. I was thinking a lot on that and was like "wow, how many times do I have to make the right choice till he stops trying me and starts trusting me." Its been on my mind a lot lately.
I was reading in a talk called "Faith in Jesus Christ", by Gene R. Cook. I have read it several times but as I read it this time something new popped out at me and it said, "God will try you again and again until YOU know that YOU are able and will serve Him at all costs". That really hit me because as I changed my perspective from God is trying me because He doesn't trust me. To God is trying me because He wants ME to trust ME! That really hit me and it caused me to do a lot of reflecting. I realizied that He does trust me but at the same time, do I trust my self to do what is right ... as much as God trusts me. Our Father in heaven knows us better that we know ourselves and as I realized that my attitude toward those trials has changed and I have begun to trust in my self as much as God does. And to know that I will do what is right no matter what the cost is. That is because of who I am!
I remember you always telling me how stubborn and hard headed I am. An older member gave a talk yesterday and one of the comments he made was just that, "These young people are a lot more stubborn and hard headed than they use to be and that is because God blessed them with that. They are a reserved and chosen generation for a reason and that reason is probably because of how stubborn they are. Look at an ever changing world and look at all the stubborn young people of this church who are growing up in it and who won't partake of it because they are stubborn and firm in the faith!" That was really neat I never really thought of it like that. I have come to realize that no matter how much I know I am always learning and growing.
The bad news of the week is that we have lost contact with several of our investigators and we have had A LOT of fallen through appointments but the good news is that . . . . . WE FOUND A NEW HISPANIC FAMILY TO TEACH!!! It was one of the most spiritual lessons I have had. It was just amazing and we are going back to teach them tonight. During weekly planning I decided to call all the people we have contacted in that last two months and set appointments up with them. Most were wrong numbers but we set up several appointments and ALL fell through but one called us back and said she forgot about the appointment and had scheduled a doctors appointment but wanted to reschedule to today at 9: 30 in the morning! So we went there this morning and taught her! Her name is Blanca and we had a fantastic lesson with her. I can already tell this week will be a GREAT WEEK!!
Love y'all!!
P.S.
The ward is great!!! Love it here so much.
No comments:
Post a Comment