Sunday, January 5, 2014

Exact Obedience

Dear Mother,
I have terrible news in a letter from our President ...it says that emails are only to be done in a letter format and not a chatting back and forth!:(  I know that obedience brings blessings and exact obedience brings miracles! "When obedience ceases to be and irritant and becomes our quest in that moment God will endow us with power from on high" -President Benson

We had such a better week! We founds new investigators, we taught lessons, it was overall just great! I have to say I am a workaholic. The zone set a goal of contacting five people a day and the high for the day was 15 ...it was set by us! But being me ... I thought we could do better.  So Elder Rose and I set the goal of contacting 20 people in a day.  Which is from 2:00 pm-5:00 pm because after dark we are not allowed to tract.   Elder Rose and I worked are tail ends off ... talking with everyone! We contacted 22 people that day! And taught three first lessons about the Book of Mormon and how it is scripture.   That it is the word of God just like the Bible.  We taught, how any man who reads it will grow closer to God than by any other book! We also taught several about how God has restored his church in its fullness to the earth in these Latter Days.  That the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints is that true church of Jesus Christ.  That they can pray directly to God and ask if it that is true! What a wonderful promise, that we can pray directly to the source of all truth and ask if this is all true! I would testify to them that, that was exactly what I have done.   I have received an answer from God that it is all true! What a wonderful blessing I have...  to share that knowledge and the blessings of it with everyone I come into contact with! 
We also taught Krystal this week. We had a wonderful lesson with her on the restoration of the true church. She absolutely loved it! As she said the closing prayer she prayed that God would bless her as she joined this church! It was so amazing. The spirit was so strong and we had the help of a great member named Brother Dominguez. He is actually a convert from Las Vegas!! He is like 26 and converted when he was 17. 
We also taught a new women named Sandra. She was one of the 22 we contacted.  Her son has actually been attending church with his girlfriend who is a member.   They go to a different ward but we happened to knock on her door and she immediately opened up to us.  She was asking all sorts of questions she had been pondering.  She is Hispanic and only speaks Spanish and she has wanted to ask her sons girlfriend all these questions but she only speaks English.   So, she has never gotten the chance to. It was great we have a lesson with her and her two sons on Saturday. 

P.s.  For future reference write me a letter/ email before I get on and I will respond to it. Love y'all it was great to see y'all on Skype!

Love, 
Elder Michael Johnson

No comments:

Post a Comment