Dear Family,
Preparation day is great. The area is amazing ... I love it here. It snows and rains here. Yep, it snowed! It did not stick in this area but it snowed!! Great BIG FLAKES :) Yes we have a Wal-mart and only 40 active members. The apartment would make you cry but its all good. I do keep my bike inside, of course!!
We cook a lot of our own meals. But we eat good. Tell Matt I don't care if he plays on my name :) I love the package!1 I really only need more ties! Paisley too if you can... I love paisley now :) and Blue and red ... THANKS! and LOVE YOU!! And by the way, I might have to end up buying a new suit :(
I love the missionary work. I love working hard and love to serve. It is seriously the hardest thing I have ever done. Because I want to share the testimony I have and the Gospel of Jesus Christ with them, so bad. Because I want them to feel the joy there is in my life. I want them to know and love their Savior like I have and when I want to share that message... WHAM!! Another door to the face. I just say smiling, "Have a wonderful day". It's hard to find those who where prepared and ready to hear our message. But I know that God is my salvation and I will trust and not be afraid. because the Lord Jehovah is my strength and he has become my song. He has also become my salvation. (His plaque quote)
This is my time to tell the people what I know. This is his time, his day and I will praise the Lord and call upon his name. I will and am declaring his doings among the people. I am and will tell them that his name is exalted. I know my Savior lives and that he along with the Father have a deep love and care for everyone on this earth. He knows your name and he knows everyone of us so deeply and intimately... it humbles me so much to think one of those drops of blood in the Garden was because of me. He knows me personally and he sent me here for a reason and I will not let him down. I will not have what ifs; that is why I am 100% obedient, that is why when it is raining and I have a fever and feel like my head is going to explode... I go knocking on doors to find the ONE person! That is why I serve with all my heart, might, mind, and strength, that is why I always knock ... one more door before we head home. That is why we awkwardly contact people at Wal-mart, it is why I am out here to serve my Lord and King and Savior. It is the least that I can do.
Cody, Justin, Tanner, and you too Matt... catch that FIRE. Catch it and know who you are! You are a Son of God, a heir to his kingdom. It is not the time to sit idly by and not know what to. Share the Gospel with EVERYONE!! Your friends is a great place to start. All it takes sometimes is a little invite to church or a little testimony of what you know. Don't fall in temptation and if you have... it is NEVER to late to go and talk to the Bishop. God loves you and wants the BEST for you. So, be the BEST ... Don't have what ifs in life. I love you ALL and appreciate your prayers. Keep it up and pray that we will find those who are ready to hear our message.
Love, Elder Johnson
P.S. Love you MOM and DAD
Dear Cody (Tody),
Thanks for the paragraph :) That's amazing you got your patriarchal blessing. How was it? You going to send me a copy? I love being a missionary it is such an amazing experience.
Have you started your papers? I heard that you are going on splits with the missionaries. How's that going? Have fun at reverse!! I hope your doing good and how is studying the Book of Mormon going? How's baseball going?
I challenge you to place a Book of Mormon. Then write me and tell me about it!!
Dear Justin (Justy-Bear),
Thanks, I'm glad you consider me an example. bud!! I am loving serving here. It is truly an amazing call. To answer your questions: The one thing I was unprepared for was the Spanish. We had to teach a lesson in Spanish on the third day we were in the MTC. The worst part was the food... but not all the time!
Seminary is a great way to start off the day. Be a good student in seminary and not like me. Also, my favorite year was the Book of Mormon with Brother Hayes.
In Preach my Gospel start in Chapter Three. Study each of those lessons. Learn them and look up the scriptures that it gives. Also learn Chapter 10 and 4. Good work buddy!! You are a great example and I give you the same challenge to place a Book of Mormon to someone you know. I k now if you do God will bless you ... Loved your letter!!
Dear Tanner,
I have had two companions... one in the MTC and one in the mission field. (Went into some personal things about his Quorum and advice) Teach them the truths of the program that they will be better young men, missionaries and more worthy and ready for the Melchizedek Priesthood and for the Temple. You will know what to do.
Dear Matthew,
You can play XBox on my name. Thanks you for helping mommy with my package. Thank you for praying for me. I can really feel it!! Your prayers help me. I miss you little partner!! Partners? I love you little guy!!
No comments:
Post a Comment