Monday, September 15, 2014

Time is Flying

 The work is progressing and we are experiencing miracles! We were suppose to have a baptism this week but because of a huge opportunity to work that Max and Alberto had, they had to postpone the date to this weekend! We are  so excited for them. I am sad Elder Carroll is not here to see them. We worked so hard together to teach them and prepare them for it! Yesterday I gave a talk in sacrament meeting and I hope it went well. I think it did. I talked on extending commitments. I love talking and teaching in church. I enjoy it now. I love using scriptures to teach and basing my talks off of what they say. Its crazy how now when I give talks in church all I have is like a note card of outline and not anything what I need to say on it. I use to have to write out word for word what I have to say and now wham just follow the spirit.  
I am staying focused... 80 days left!! I read a scripture today in my Book of Mormon reading in Jacob 7:26 it says "By saying that the time passed away with us, and also our lives passed away like as it were unto us a dream" I feel the same way!! Time is flying so fast and it feels like a huge dream. For 19 years all I wanted to be was a missionary and now I have to look in the mirror just to see myself with a tag on and remind my self that this is real!! Its going way to quick. Some one told me that while on your mission you don't have time to think about what you are doing. That time to think of what you did will be for the rest of your life! Its true, just means I need to keep repenting and be better and better each day!
We were on bikes this weeks and it had to have been the most humid week of my entire mission. We biked to go visit people and wow. I wasn't biking in the rain or walking in rain water up to my knees like Cody but I was soaked! Looked like I had went swimming in my church clothes. We were very successful though. We set up an appointment with a family we have been trying to visit for like weeks! It was great! I love working hard. I love this quote that Elder Carroll shared with me, "Hell is when the man you are meets the man you could have become!" I don't want to have any regrets and I am super excited for the miracles that we have this week! 
This week we taught a new family. The Lopez family! Ozzie their son came to church with the a family here in the ward. We set up an appointment with him to come and see his family. He called us twice in the week to make sure that we were coming and even offered to drive 30 minutes to pick us up! When we got to their house they had a huge meal prepared for us and were super kind and received us so well. Sister Lopez is a joker and she kept talking about how we can't drink coffee, and she loves here coffee, so she could never be a Mormon! Well as were eating a member who drove us out there, Brother George, was talking about his son serving as a missionary in Ecuador. Well he was telling 'em how his son eats lots of guinea pigs over there and Sister Lopez looked so disgusted! So I made the comment, "We cant drink coffee but we can eat guinea pig!" She got up from her seat and was like I'm leaving! Of course she was joking but it was funny! This family is amazing and we look forward to seeing their progression in the gospel! After dinner we taught the restoration and they love it!! They want the peace it brings and the joy so bad!! We go back on Wednesday to teach 'em! We are super excited for them!! Love Ya'll!!




No comments:

Post a Comment