Monday, December 2, 2013

Turkey Bowl

Dear mother, 
We had a fantastic week. We only have a couple of investigators this week.  We met with this young man named Tony, he is 16.  He has several friends in the church and had a baptismal date at one point. But his mother would not give the church permission to baptize him.  She only speaks spanish, so very few people in the ward can comunicate with her. She is very nice but the language was such barrier.
But we went over there to teach him and his mother came home from work.  As we were teaching him, we began to talk with her and teach her, as well. She asked us several questions and by the end of the lesson she just told us that she is fine with her son being baptized.  She just wants him to know it is a commitment, and that if it is what he wants to do she is fine with it.   But we got permission for him to be baptized and when we told our ward mission leader, he was astonished!! He told bishop in P.E.C. that you need to meet Elder Johnson! I was told that they have been trying to get permision for like four years. It was amazing! 
But we had a fantastic Thanksgiving. We got to participate in the turkey bowl!! I threw a touchdown to end the game!:) 
I am so thankfull this year for the atonement of Jesus Christ! With out it, what I do is meaningless. I love being a missionary!! To be able share this wonderful message with everyone! The gospel is true and I am so thankfull for that witness that I have received from God. I love doing hard things!! And I'm so thankful for the God shapping me into what he needs me to be! I know that this church, The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints, is the true church of Jesus Christ! I love my Savior with all my heart. this week has been absolutely amazing!!

No comments:

Post a Comment